Anti-Rat CD45 FITC (Clone OX-30) (mouse IgG2a)
DescriptionCedarlane's anti-rat CD45 monoclonal antibody recognizes a monomorphic determinant of the rat leukocyte common antigen (1). The antigen recognized is a heavily glycosylated membrane glycoprotein of molecular weight 170,000 Da on thymocytes but molecular weight 170,000-220,000 Da on other leukocytes. The leukocyte common antigen (L-CA) is a major glycoprotein of haematopoietic cells but is not found on other tissues or erythroid cells. It is present on greater than 95% of thymocytes, bone marrow cells and thoracic duct lymphocytes. This molecule carries much of the carbohydrate of thymocytes and shows interesting heterogeneity amongst T lymphocytes and B lymphocytes (2,3).This antibody is suitable for use in flow cytometry and immunohistochemistry with frozen sections. This clone has also been reported to be unsuitable for use with paraffin sections.______________________________________________________________________________________________________Flow Cytometry AnalysisWistar rat thymocytes were stained with anti-CD45 (clone: OX-30) (filled histogram) or mouse IgG2a isotype control (open histogram).
1) Sunderland,C.A., McMaster, W.R., and A.F. Williams. (1979) Eur. J.Immunol. 9, 155-159. Purification with monoclonal antibody of a predominant leukocyte-common antigen and glycoprotein from rat thymocytes.
2) Brown, W.R.A., Barclay,A.N., Sunderland, C.A. and A.F. Williams. (1981) Nature. 289, 1164-1177. Identification of a glycoprotein-like molecule at the cell surface of rat thymocytes.
3) Standring, R. and A.F. Williams. (1978) Biochim.Biophys. Acta. 508, 85-96. Glycoproteins and antigens of membranes prepared from rat thymocytes after lysis by shearing or with the detergent Tween-40.
4) Brown, W.R.A. and A.F. Williams. (1982) Immunology. 46, 713-726. Lymphocyte cell surface glycoproteins which bind to soybean and peanut lectins.
5) Woollet, G.R., Barclay, A.N., Puklavec, M. and A.F. Williams. (1985) Eur. J. Immunol. 15, 168-173. Molecular and antigenic heterogeneity of the rat leukocyte-common antigen from thymocytes and T and B lymphocytes.
6) Brouard, S., et al. (1999) J. of Immunol. 162, 3367-3377. T Cell repertoire alterations of vascularized xenografts.